Sunday, January 27, 2013

February Lady Sweater

Phew. I started in June, took a bit of a break, and have now finished my February Lady Sweater. For those of you who haven't heard of it, Elizabeth Zimmermann (the Delia of knitting, I'd say) originally designed this as a baby sweater, featured as the "February" project in her Knitter's Almanac. Then, an enterprising knitwear designer realised it would make a great sweater for grown-ups and scaled up the pattern.


It's knit in one piece (yay - no seams!) and the pattern was fairly straightforward to follow. My sleeves are just past the elbow, mostly because I was running out of yarn (I have about 2 metres left).



The buttons are from Halfpenny Home in Needham Market. I finished it on Tuesday and have worn it to work on Wednesday and all day yesterday and today. LOVE it. The yarn is really soft (silk and cashmere - yum)! and the colour goes with everything. I'm not a huge fan of the puckers at the underarms but there's no way I'm starting over!


Ravelry link is here, for those of you so inclined.

No comments: