Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cooking in Provence (or Rhode Island)

I've been meaning to post this picture for ages. When we met Delia, the entire morning was spent learning to cook with Alex Mackay. His recipes are excellent - we make his version of piri-piri sauce all the time now, and my mom was so inspired that she bought his new cookbook, Cooking In Provence. He signed it for her, of course, and she took it home to Rhode Island to splatter it with olive oil and tomatoes (and cook from it).


She and my dad made one of the recipes from the demo-day - a really fresh-tasting seafood stew. They used local clams from RI and pronounced it excellent.

1 comment:

Tove said...

This cookbook is on my wish list! I´d love to learn some new recipes with tomatoes, olive oil and all those other typical Mediterranean ingredients I use on an everyday basis.