Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rambles

Well. Spring has rather suddenly sprung - it was 20 degrees and sunny today. Glorious.

This is...ahem...my second Aeropress. The first one lives at work. And then our John Lewis coffee machine (with the nice insulated pot) decided that it was Finished. On strike. Not making coffee. Well. We can't have that.

If you really like coffee (and don't mind not being able to top your cup up with "a little hot" as my mom always calls it), go get one.



OK, I have a confession to make. I've gone over to the Dark Side. See? It's right there, in the picture. No, not the Aeropress one.

Fine, you win. I will shout it from the rooftops.

I HAVE A KINDLE! And I love it. It hasn't been properly Kindle-y and left the house yet, mostly because the super-snazzy wool felt case that I ordered on Etsy hasn't come yet. Don't worry, I'll blog about it when it arrives.

I've decided that I will continue to be a mega-customer of the Stowmarket Library (at least until the Tories kill it), and the Kindle will be used for (1) books in the public domain and (2) books that I Have To Read Now And The List At The Library Is So Long That I Would Have Bought The Book Anyway. For the moment, that means I'm reading Pride And Prejudice.


One more thing to show you - remember when Viv came to stay? I know, it was a blast. Anyway, when she was here, I admired her snazzy knitting bag. And so she made me one. And sent it to me last week. And I LOVE it! Little mini pencil-case sized bag for scissors and those funny little poky things to twist the needles and stoppers on and off, and a big bag for the actual knitting. You can't see from this picture, but it has a really bright blue lining that looks fab against the linen and the red zipper. Also, Little Red Riding hood is accompanied by some very entertaining critters.

1 comment:

Vivren said...

Yay!!! :) So many fun new things!