Thursday, January 13, 2011

Owls & Owlet

I love Kate Davies' patterns. Well-thought out, well written, and generally awesome. I was going to make her Mini-Manu for Gabi (I still am), but I got distracted when I found out that Gabi Loves Owls. Like, a whole lot. So, I made her an Owlet. Ravelled, here.

Sorry about the colours - I was impatient and wanted to send it off so I took pictures in the dark (Hello, England In January, when it's only light from 8:30am to 4pm and I work from 8 to 5). Plea to Gabi's Mommy: can you please send some pics of Ms. G in daylight in the sweater when it arrives? This is the actual yarn color:

Here it is with its big sister (my Owls sweater). LOVE.


Bye bye, little Owlet. Hope you like New York!

2 comments:

Halfpenny Home said...

Oh Kate, it's lovely! Lucky girl!

I was kicking myself that I didn't take a photo of your owl sweater when you were over here - what was I thinking?

Nearly finished my second pair of stirrup socks...Nic x

Vivren said...

Cute!! Tiny owl sweater!! I always get tons of compliments on mine. I should find a tiny owl loving person so that I can make a tiny sweater for them.