Monday, October 25, 2010

Recursive StowmarKate

I don't think I'm going to tear a hole in the space-time continuum, but one never knows. This picture was taken at Starlite Diner in New Rochelle (also known as "Mike's," if you're my dad). It's me! And my blog! And the diner! So now, to hopefully not shred the space-time continuum...drumroll...it's a picture on the blog of a picture of the blog (which has a picture of Mike) at Mike's. Phew. Still there? Great!


Unsurprisingly, I didn't spend my full 10 days on the eastern seaboard at Mike's. I hit up (in order): New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachussetts, New Hampshire (didn't stop in NH), Maine, back to NH, MA and RI, back through CT, more NY, some New Jersey, back to NY, and home. I think I need a vacation from my vacation.

Between all the driving, my mom and I had a few really fun days in RI, mostly biking around and doing what my dad always refers to as "girl stuff." Mostly eating and riding bikes, with a few small shopping excursions. Clothes are so much cheaper on the other side of the Atlantic. And since it was so nice out, I put my toe in the water in Bristol Harbor. I have officially been in the water on both sides of the Atlantic this year. Lucky me!


And no trip to New England would be complete without the Lobstah. YUM.

2 comments:

Halfpenny Home said...

Cool bib Kate! Looks like a yummy dish of lobster there - I'm jealous..
Glad you're having a lovely time over there, Nic x

Frances Leigh said...

Ooo you got to to the states....I think we have to go in January of all times. You know, when it's sooooo cold and miserable you don't expose yourself to the air except for when you "run" to or from the car.... Oh well, I agree about the shopping!!
I've never had lobster...is it good?