Friday, June 18, 2010

A book and some more quilting

I read the second Magic Thief book, Lost, last week. It's the second in the trilogy (the third has recently been published and is now en route to our house from Amazon), and reminded me quite a bit of the second LOTR, in that the hero goes on a rather epic journey and that it's all middle. Very interesting and entertaining middle, but middle nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the 3rd book, and I have it on good authority (ahem, from the author herself in the comments of one of my previous posts) that there is a knitting pattern in the back. Lucky me!

I've finished a baby quilt for a soon-to-be-born baby in the US - here it is in bits, before quilting:


The various bits were acquired during an extremely entertaining hour at Quilter's Haven in Wickham Market. The finished product is actually waiting for another sunny afternoon and clothesline combination to have its photo taken. As you may have noticed, it's the pattern from the Road To Spring quilt, downsized and reversed. It's a great pattern and really simple.

After my awesome quilting, we went to Lucca in Manningtree for our anniversary dinner. Owned by the same family as the Mistley Kitchen, it was a really nice evening out. John didn't think his pizza was as good as I thought mine was, but I really enjoyed my mushroom, gorgonzola and ham calzone, the service was great, and it was a great evening. We ended up taking the train from Stowmarket to Manningtree (we hopped on the London express and it's only 2 stops and 20 minutes), which was definitely the way to do it! 

And now, half-time is over - back to the World Cup. C'mon ENG-ER-LAND!!

No comments: