Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring!

Spring is finally here. As demonstrated by our garden: 



And our "Easter tree". The boys think I've lost my marbles. But I love it. This little dude is rockin' his branch.


And, no the front hall table doesn't normally look like that. I cleared all the clutter off first. :)


And, finally, since the rest of the "on the road to spring" quilt-along peeps have finished their quilts, I bit the bullet and did some free motion quilting. Some of the stitches are very small and perfect, some are really teeny and a little bit scrunched, and some are h u g e and rather spread out. Oh well - when you look at it from a distance, it's perfect. I love the crinkly look that it gives the quilt - it makes it look very casual.


I was reading a Sainsbury's Magazine at the in-laws yesterday, and came across a recipe for tomato, olive & spinach quiche with sauteed leeks, in the "quick meals" feature. I got all excited.

Then, I read the recipe.

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 200C.
Step 2: Open a 400g packet of Tomato, Olive & Spinach quiche, and put it in the oven.

EPIC FAIL.

No comments: