Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 4 of the quilt-along - it's sandwich time! I had quite a bit of extra batting - they only had it in the wide width (and I've looked online and I was WAY overcharged for it). Grr. Anyway, barring that frustration, I've sandwiched the whole thing tother and pinned it.

I'm slightly worried about the quilting part - I might have to call the Sewing Machine Guru in Bury and see if there's a free-motion foot for my Silver or if I should (a) just suck it up and "stitch in the ditch" or (b) outsource it to a fellow Bury Bach Choir-er (and quilting pro), Jan Chandler.


John was in Waitrose and found this new Kleenex box design. He thought it was so funny he bought it and brought it home to show me. I'll have to ration the tissues - I think it's baaaaaarmy!


James and I made lemon & blueberry cake from the April BBC Good Food - it was pretty easy and is exceedingly yummy. It was perfectly moist with a fair bit of zing from the lemon curd and zest, cut by the sweetness of the sugar in the cake and the icing.


Mmmm...lemony blueberry-y icingy goodness.


No, really, it was good icing. See?

No comments: