Sunday, April 20, 2008

Phew

We had the inlaws for the weekend - 4 grown-ups, 1 kid and 2 Labradors make for a very crowded house. We had a good time with them - lots of brother-bonding and sister-in-law-bonding!

My parents bought this birdhouse in Holland about 15 years ago. De Oude Munt was our favorite restaurant in Weert - we used to go there all the time. They made these birdhouses so of course we had to have one. There are a LOT of cats in our neighborhood so I don't know if we'll get any birds, but we'll see.

Here's my 'Hyacinth Bucket'.

The lone surviving courgette plant (the other one succumbed to frost):

In the 'greenhouse'.

The flowers I bought for the 'guest room' - so pretty.

Off to London tomorrow (day off!) for lunch with a girlfriend and then the afternoon with a kid from New Ro I used to babysit for. Who's going to Cornell in the fall. Feeling old? Me? Naw. Well, maybe a little.

1 comment:

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

sounds like you have been so busy!
I love the greenhouse you have there. So clever. I could surely use one of those. have a great day off :)