Sunday, February 3, 2008

All times are ish

I went to bells on Friday - I can now ring a bell on my own. Well, by 'on my own' I mean I can ring it with someone who knows what they're doing standing rightthere ready to catch something if I screw up. I'm still finding it surprisingly scary, though. I also have what are probably the most bizarre bell-injuries ever. I was wearing a somewhat tight oxford shirt under a sweater, and when I raised my arms over my head for the backstroke, my shirt was digging into my upper arms. Completely forgot about it until I was brushing my teeth, when I noticed that I have HUGE welts on my arms from the shirt. Good thing it's not summer - if I were wearing a tank top people might think that hubby was beating me. Granted, in odd places, but still. I'll try not to get injured at practice next week. It's a dangerous 'sport' - one of the v. experienced ringers broke her finger when she got it stuck in a rope a few weeks ago. Ouch!

John and I ran errands in the morning yesterday and then decided sort of late in the day to go to Woodbridge for a walk. I'd only ever been to the part of town by the river, which is gorgeous, but it turns out that there's a v. cute high street with lots of independent shops and neat places to poke around. When John was growing up, his parents spent a lot of time on a boat moored in Woodbridge, so he knows the town pretty well. We drooled in the cookshop, the bookshop(s), the lamp store, and some art galleries. This little guy was keeping watch outside an art gallery/antique/junk shop. V. funny.


We stumbled on a wood furniture store, filled to the brim with all kinds of gorgeous furniture, extremely well priced. None of which would fit in our house. The sign outside was the best:

It was just up the street from this - I loved the way it's silhouetted against the sky.

Here's the harbor, looking cold and wintry:

And this warmed me up:


After we got home, we went to the Stowmarket Regal to see The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. 8/10 on IMDB and 75% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes - we thought we couldn't miss. It was LONG. And dull. It was pretty, though. The cinematography was stunning and Brad Pitt is easy on the eyes. And you know from the title what happens at the end - I felt like I spent the whole movie waiting for it. And about half way through started thinking, "Ok, kill him now! No? NOW! ... still no? Bloody hell."

No comments: