Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My First Invented Recipe

I'd seen a recipe for zucchini & mushroom risotto somewhere, but I can't find it. I've searched the web and come up with nothing. So I tried to make my own recipe. We ate it last night - it was really good!

Zucchini & Mushroom Risotto. by StowmarKate

Ingredients
olive oil
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
1 tbs Herbes De Provence
1 tsp mild chili powder
5 small zucchini, cubed
2 handfulls sliced mushrooms (I used buttons and portobellinis)
1 1/2 cups Risotto
3 cups Vegetable stock

Sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil, adding the HDP and chili powder when they're starting to soften and brown. Stir until you can smell the HDP, then add the risotto, and stir to coat in the olive oil. Add 1 cup (ish) of the veggie stock, then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and zucchini and the rest of the stock, leaving the veg on top of the rice/onion mixture so that they steam. Cook for 15 more minutes, then stir everything together. As soon as the rice is done (should be around now - if it's not, add more stock), serve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rather good recipe.