Monday, February 5, 2007

Garlic, Sapphires and Drooling

At Rebeka's recommendation, I'm reading Ruth Reichl's Garlic And Sapphires. It's AWESOME. She gives backstory on the reviews before including the reviews themselves, and they are truly drool-inducing.

To give you an idea of how much I'm enjoying the book, I started it last night at 9pm and I'm on page 227. And I was at work all day. And we had parent-teacher night at James's school so I didn't start reading until about 8 tonight.

She has a real knack for describing food (she must, to have gotten her job), and I've been thoroughly enjoying her $100 dinners. I just don't want it to end. Luckily, she's written two other food memoirs. Let's hope the Stowmarket library has them!

To all the foodies (and New Yawkas) out there, go read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Garlic & Sapphires last April in about two days! If it hasn't already, it's going to make you want to go to NY to all the places she writes about. :-) -julia