Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stowmarket Bike Girl

My new bike is now ready to go...I went in to work with John this morning, picked up my bike from the warehouse, took the train to Stowmarket, and spent the day tinkering with the bike. John and I bought a helmet, a bell, and a lock last week, which I put on the bike, but the brakes were making really strange noises and not really effective in stopping. So I took it to the bike peeps in town and they put on new brake pads, pumped the tires, greased the chain, and installed a basket on the front. It's gone from ugly to "un-steal-able," according to John. It's also rather front-heavy when the basket is full of stuff...I'll have to remember not to load it too full.

John and I are both taking the day off tomorrow- he's been working WAY too hard and needs a long weekend.

I've made my appointment for the UK Visa application at the British consulate- it's NOT just a rubber stamp, even when you're married, so I'm stressing about it. We just need to make sure that we get all our papers in order before we go...it's not a big deal, it's just one more thing to remember.

No comments: