Saturday, March 11, 2006

Little Charlie Chipmunk Lost a Tooth


Having a James weekend...he definitely got out of bed on the talky side of bed this morning. At 8:30 on the dot (the negotiated time for him to wake us up), John and I woke up to,

"Daddy? It's 8:30 and I think you and Kate should get up now because I'm hungry and it's already 8:30 and what are we going to do today and what's the weather going to be and can I play with the Lego Mindstorms and my tooth is still wobbly and do you want to see the picture I drew?"

James is a FANTASTIC kid, but you just know that when he starts a morning with that, it's going to be quite a day.

While we were eating breakfast (well, John and I were eating, James was talking about YuGiOh cards), I mentioned a poem that my mom used to say to me when I was monologuing...

Little Charlie Chipmunk was a talker. Mercy Me!
He chattered after breakfast and he chattered after tea!
He chattered to his father and he chattered to his mother!
He chattered to his sister and he chattered to his brother!
He chattered till his family was almost driven wild.
Oh, little Charlie Chipmunk was a very tiresome child!


Teehee.

Then we were in the B&Q (like Home Depot) parking lot, and suddenly the stream of conversation was interrupted with, "Daddy? I've lost my tooth!" John and I both went, "Uh-huh, good," and went on looking for a parking spot. It was only when James said, "KATE! DADDY! MY TOOTH FELL OUT!" that I said "OH! His TOOTH fell out!" and John said, "HUH?"

Once we'd parked the car, we wrapped his tooth in a tissue and gave him some water...he was v. proud of himself as the tooth had been wobbling for weeks. The tooth fairy will be in Stowmarket tonight!

1 comment:

Doris Pender said...

Hahaha! I can honestly relate to you! Last month, my daughter's tooth fell out for the first time. And we kinda reacted that way too. Good thing we were able to make a surprise treat for her being so brave and happy, even after she lost her tooth.