Monday, December 12, 2005

Slow day in Stowmarket



View from Ickworth at sunset on Saturday.

Had a good weekend with John and James- went to Bury and Ickworth on Saturday and then to Freda and Travis' yesterday. Spent most of the day cleaning the apartment and doing laundry, and then went for a walk around Stowmarket and up to the Leisure Centre. There's a pool and a climbing wall and badminton courts and all sorts of other fun stuff. It remains to be seen how motivated I am to go up there and swim/climb/run around, but it's nice to know it exists.

I've rediscovered the joys of curry-in-a-jar. Sautee some chicken and veg, the Tikka Masala sauce over it, simmer for 10 mins, and all of a sudden you're eating yummy curry and the flat smells like Curry Row. Yum! Apparently my mom used them all the time when we lived here. I haven't found them in the US, but then again I haven't been looking. I'll keep my eyes open when I'm home.

Speaking of which, I'll be back on the night of the 21st. I'll be there for a while- probably about 3 weeks. I have to get visas and things sorted out. It's going to be great to be able to see everyone and go to Redeemer and drive. And eat New York food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, Highly recommend Lloyd Grossman sauces!

Available in all good UK supermarkets. His curry in a jar sauces are particularly yummy. All natural ingredients! No artificial colourings, monosodium glutamate or homogenous gunk allowed.

ps don't be put off by the unappetising word 'gross' featuring on the food label. Rather an unfortunate name for a food critic and chef.

M - your latest blog groupie!
Your brilliant entries are a delight to read.